This page contains common forms, documents, and other materials that are used by the ARES®, RACES, and SKYWARN® services.
- To open an item on screen, point to its name with your mouse and left-click it.
- To download a copy to your computer, point to its name with your mouse and right-click it, then choose “Save target as” from the pop-up menu.
Note: wherever possible, forms and documents will be provided in Adobe PDF format. To view or print them, you will need the free Adobe Reader software. If you do not have this software on your computer, it can be downloaded and installed from the Adobe website (www.adobe.com).
Application Forms (fill out the form on screen, then print a copy, sign it, and forward to the ARES® or RACES Coordinator)
- Grayson County ARES® Net Startup Procedure (revised March 2014)
- Command, Resource, and Tactical Nets
Go Kit Information
- Go Kit Checklist
- ICS Forms to include in a Go Kit:
National Traffic System
- National Traffic System Training Manual (includes Radiogram instructions)
- National Traffic System User Manual
- North Texas Emergency Traffic Plan
- DFW Metroplex Traffic Net Manual
- Radiogram Forms (available in two formats – Adobe PDF and Microsoft Excel)
Packet Radio (Winlink/RMS)
- Getting Started with Winlink (installation/user’s guide)
- Grayson County Winlink Band Plan (a map of Winlink frequency assignments for Grayson County)
- Winlink/RMS Message Form (Important: This form is in Rich Text Format (RTF) to keep it as small as possible when transmitting over Winlink. DO NOT use Microsoft Word to edit this form.)
Other Emergency Preparedness Guides and Information
- Thunderstorms…Tornadoes…Lightning… A Preparedness Guide (American Red Cross)
- Care and Feeding of HT Batteries